I did it! I got rid of my land line. This all stemmed from our Verizon service going doing for a little more than an entire week! I figure, if I can go a week without service, I can keep on going. If I live to be about 80, this should save me a little more than $26,000; not figuring for inflation. I’m liking that!
- No more bill to pay each month
- No more annoying phone calls to answer, privacy is heavenly
- I sold my phone on eBay for $80
- No more answering machine to check
- I might need to give out my cell phone number when signing up for a credit card which means I might start getting unsolicited calls. We’ll see. I might just give out my husband’s work number if a phone number is required. I don’t want calls coming through to my cell phone since I only get so many minutes on my plan.
For hundreds of money and time saving techniques that show results consider Living Big on a Small Income, The Classy Cheapskate Way!